Thursday, August 21, 2014

Grateful

Early this year, I realized that I hadn't seen my Grandma and Grandpa Green in a while. It's hard to get up to Idaho to visit very often. In May I mentioned it to my Mom, and she told me that they had just been down visiting her in Kaysville a couple weeks previously. I told her to please tell me next time they came down so I could come up and visit. She promised me she would.

Just a couple days later, Mom texted me. It was short notice, but her parents had decided to come down to her house that day. I cancelled my plans for the night and went up right away. I had a very strong feeling that I needed to go up and see my grandpa and grandma. At the time I thought it was just because I hadn't seen them in so long. Now I realize that Heavenly Father gave me those strong promptings, because He knew it would be the last time I would see my grandfather.

I can't describe how grateful I am that I had the chance to visit with my grandpa before he became sick and left us. My Father in Heaven knew how much I needed that. He truly loves us so much.

My last picture with my grandpa
I am still having a hard time with my grandpa's passing. I am planning on another post in honor of him. Right now I am doubly upset because I have two pictures of me with my grandpa that I love, one from when I was a baby and one as a teenager. I have searched my house high and low and I can't find them anywhere. I am so sad that they are suddenly inexplicably missing. I have been praying and praying to find them, and I am hoping for another tender mercy.

Edgar Poole Green
Dec. 24, 1940
-
Aug. 20, 2014

No comments: