Sunday, July 26, 2015

Girls Camp

The day after we got back from Annabella, it was time to pack for girls camp. I was called to be the assistant camp director for my ward. It's been so much fun planning and working with the young women and the camp director and other leaders. I LOVED girls camp when I was in Young Women, so I was really looking forward to camp. I was not disappointed!

I was especially excited because we camped in Logan canyon. I love Logan so much. We hiked to the wind caves and played in Bear Lake.

The church wide youth theme this year is "Embark" (in the service of God), and our ward used this as the camp theme too. Our theme was embA.R.K., with the A.R.K. standing for Acts of Random Kindness. We tried to do service and acts of random kindness throughout the week. It was so cool to watch the girls serve and befriend each other.  I loved getting to know the girls and the leaders better.

It rained quite a bit that week, but it was apparent that the Lord was watching over us because we were still able to do all our planned activities and have our campfire each night. The rain would start and stop at the perfect times. For example, it was overcast during our entire hike but didn't start to rain until we were almost back to camp. Thursday was our water day and it was sunny and bright while we played at beautiful Bear Lake, and then again as soon as we got back to camp the rains came down! It stopped just in time for our campfire and testimony meeting around the fire. Hearing the sometimes funny, sometimes sad, and sometimes totally profound testimonies of the young women really touched me. Our laurels especially were so mature and showed awesome leadership skills that week. I'm so glad I was able to be a part of it.

Also, as it turns out, girls camp is just as much fun as a leader, especially with the ladies in my ward! Love you ladies!

Two Man Softball



Service Projects for premies in the NICU




Wind Caves Hike




Team Building Activity
Bear Lake






No comments: