Saturday, February 9, 2013

Writing is Hard

I've been working on one of my "Seven Stories" for the blog. I thought it wouldn't be that bad, but as it turns out, writing is hard!!

See, I "write" stories all the time in my head. I usually narrate my days in my head as if I'm writing my life story. When I go to bed at night, it usually takes me a half hour or more to fall asleep because of all the ideas and stories writing themselves in my head. I thought it would be easy to finally write them down. As it turns out, actually writing is not the same as simply narrating in my own head. Especially writing down things that are personal and emotional. I don't want to be just a writer, I want to be a GOOD writer. I know that I have a problem editing myself when I write. To me, everything I write is important, but I know part of being a good writer is knowing what to leave out.

The point is, I want to share my writings, but I don't want to share until they're good. Maybe I should accept that the only way to get better is to keep writing, and stop being afraid of sharing something that isn't perfect. Or maybe I just need a good editor.

The first story of my "Seven" is written. Maybe I will be sharing it soon, maybe not so soon. Writing is hard.

Well, this was sort of a boring post. Guess I'll have to add some cute pictures of my girls to make up for it!

Bought this onesie for $3 online and LOVE it! Eleanor loves it too--before I put it on her, she was carrying it around the house biting it :) A sure sign it's a favorite!

We went to a Jazz game in the end of January. It was fun but the pictures all turned out pretty terrible except this one.

The girls' dresses courtesy of Grandma Shawny. Thanks much!

Showing off her new onesie and skirt.

It's hard to get a good pic of Eleanor's smile. I just love her smile!

Also love this smile! Messy hair days are fun.

No comments: