Friday, July 26, 2013

Late Night Snugs

I'm sure those of you who read this blog know that my baby Eleanor did not sleep through the night till she was 10 months old. That was a hard thing for me, but we got through it. She was doing great until we moved, and now she is back to waking up once or more a night. The strange thing is, I don't mind it anymore.

When she was waking up as a baby, it was almost every hour all night. I was getting very little sleep and I was exhausted all day and it was hard. Now, however, she usually wakes up before I even go to bed, around 11. I go in and she finds her binky and stands up in her crib and I pick her up, and we just snuggle for a few minutes.

Eleanor is now the perfect size for snuggling. Her chubby legs wrap around my waist. Her head rests perfectly on my shoulder. Her arms go around my neck in a wonderful hug. I can kiss her head and rub my cheek on her soft hair and breathe in her delicious baby smell. I wrap my arms around her little body and we rock and dance, and I sadly realize that she won't be this perfect snuggling size for much longer. Her older sister is 2 and a half and already too long and bony for perfect baby snuggles. Now that we are past the exhausting and frustrating late nights, I am able to really enjoy these fleeting moments with my baby. Eleanor is growing up fast.  I hope these wonderful late-night snuggles last for a little while longer.

1 comment:

Natalie Nicole said...

I love snuggles. Taking a moment to breathe it all in and remember it sure is great.