It's been a lazy month since the heat wave kicked in. I started potty training Lia a week and a half ago, and while it is going much better than expected, it is still extremely frustrating at times. I know I just need to be patient with her, but it is hard. She is very smart, and the first week of training she picked it right up and went 5 days with no accidents. Then a couple days ago she decided to turn it into a power struggle, and fights me every time I tell her to sit on the potty. "I don't WANT to sit on the potty!!" I can tell she's conflicted because she doesn't want to wet her pants, doesn't want to wear diapers, but she also (for some unfathomable reason) doesn't want to use the potty. I hope she'll be able to work it out on her without fighting me for everything. She really is a champ though and I think she'll figure it out. We both will (I hope).
I know that's kind of a lame excuse for not posting, but it's all I've got.
Other July happenings include going to Richfield and Circleville for the 4th of July, and visiting friends and family up here too. I have to say, the biggest perk of living in Salt Lake is being much closer to most of my family and friends. I still miss Logan, but I am starting to get used to calling this place home. We have really been enjoying the thunderstorms lately. I don't remember a summer this stormy in a while. I like thunderstorms.
Also, we took the rail off Lia's bed and turned it into a "toddler bed." The girls love playing on the bed and climbing in and out of it. She hasn't fallen out yet, and she does not get out of bed unless I tell her it's okay. I love my girls. Lia is stubborn and particular and can be very contrary and whiny, but she is also smart, learns fast, doesn't make many messes and is usually pretty easy going. She has a great imagination and her vocabulary amazes me every day. She talks like a 5 year old. Eleanor is also slowly learning words and talking. She says "wa" for water, "mama," "dada," "ma" for more, and can tell you what a cow, duck, and dog say. She is super feisty and is a troublemaker! She is always into something and is a great climber. She is also just the sweetest little baby ever. She loves giving hugs and giggles at everything. She makes herself laugh and has the greatest laugh ever.
Now I'm going to be lazy and just throw a bunch of pictures on here, in no particular order, unedited, because it's bedtime. Here you go!
 |
| Toddler Bed! |
 |
| Hair |
 |
| Funny Face |
 |
| More Hair |
 |
| Cute! |
 |
| Silly |
 |
| Waiting for the parade to start |
 |
| Luna is funny! |
 |
| Playing on the "water blob" at Porters in Antimony |
 |
| Loved it! |
 |
| Flag Cake |
 |
| Flag Cake |
 |
| Boys workin on the derby cars |
 |
| Reunion with Jodi--it's been years! |
 |
| This is what Eleanor does when you tell her to smile. Hilarious! |
 |
| Playing in the rain during a thunderstorm. |
 |
| Rain! |
No comments:
Post a Comment