Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Baby Eleanor is 18 Months!


My baby girl Eleanor turned 18 months yesterday! So let's do a little update.
Book lover!
Eleanor has just been growing and growing lately! She hasn't actually gotten that much bigger physically, but it's probably because she has been putting all her energy into getting smarter. She has so much personality. She is hilarious and mischievous and silly and sneaky and bubbly and loud and dramatic. She likes snuggles, her binky, baths, books, walks, shoes, tormenting Luna, and teasing big sis. For a while she was sleeping through the night wonerfully, but right after we moved from Logan she started waking up in the night again, and now she usually wakes up at least once a night.
Having a little tantrum.
She is an incredibly picky eater. I thought no one could be pickier than Lia, but Eleanor is definitely giving her a run for her money. She is also the messiest eater I have ever seen. She usually gets a bath and a new outfit after dinner. She thinks food is fascinating to play with and smear and throw. Maybe one day she will start actually eating her food again.

Enna has been working with a speech therapist since she was 6 months old (due to her hearing loss) and while she was a little bit slow to start, her speech has really taken off in the last couple months. She now has almost 50 words she says regularly, and I think she's close to making 2 word sentences. She just barely learned the word "No!" and and now of course it is her favorite. Well, other than Mama and Dada of course.

As much as we adore Eleanor, she sure is a handful! She is so BUSY. Her favorite thing to do is pull things out of drawers, off tables, and throw things around the room. She likes to yell and run around and fight with her sister. She throws award-winning tantrums when she is upset, complete with throwing herself down and rolling around on the floor. Luckily she has a short attention span and is pretty easily distracted. She likes "running errands" for me. I tell her, "Enna! Go get a diaper and give it to Daddy so he can change your bum!" And her eyes get wide and she says, "Yeah!" and runs off to get the diaper.
This is the look that tells me something sneaky is about to happen.
Eleanor is quite the comedian. She sometimes starts making herself laugh for no reason, and it is this ridiculous forced laugh, but it is so funny that before long everyone is laughing for real. She is pretty easy going until dinner time rolls around. For some reason, as soon as I start making dinner, she NEEDS to be held by me. Usually the hour before dinner is ready is non-stop crying from little Enna. Oh well, I suppose she'll grow out of it at some point!
Cuddles with binky and blanky. Love these moments.
One thing I am trying to work on with Eleanor is being gentle. She is pretty physical. She likes throwing things and flinging herself around. We end up getting punched in the face, headbutted, slapped, and kicked by her daily. She usually isn't doing it on purpose, she just doesn't have very great control of her body yet. Sometimes she does get physical with her sister, hitting an pulling hair, but for the most part she and Lia get along okay. Probably as well as any 18-month-old and almost-3-year-old can.
Cheese! 
We are so in love with our little Eleanor Christine. I can't believe how wonderful she is some days. Even when she is so trying, and I just want some space, I'm still thankful to be her mom.
"Helping" me cook.

No comments: