Monday, June 2, 2014

Mini-Me

There is a home video of me as a toddler playing in the back yard of my cousin's house. My mom (behind the camera) calls out to me and asks me a question. I look at her, make a bee-line to her, peer at her mouth and ask "Whadda you got? Something in your mouth!" Clearly I would not be left out if there was food to be had!

Fast-forward twenty-something years. Today I was trying to sneakily eat some Skittles at the table while the girls watched a movie. Eleanor happened to glance at me as I was chewing, and immediately ran up to me.

"What you eating? What in your mouth?"

She crawled up on my lap and squished my cheeks to make me open my mouth and inspect it. So of course I gave in and let her have a couple Skittles. It's not the first time she's done this, either, and every time I have to laugh because she reminds me exactly of little me in that home video!

Love her!

No comments: