Monday, May 19, 2014

Zoo Trip #2 and Derby

The Other Penmans came up this weekend for a visit, and we packed in a busy day! We went to the zoo again early Saturday morning. The kids liked it but they all got to bed late the night before, so they wore out quickly. We had just enough time for naps before heading up to Ogden for the Demolition Derby. Before the derby started, we met up Kim and Robert, and with one of Dustin and Robert's friends from high school and her family. It was fun to get together with them. Kim and Robert also went to the derby with us and Josh and Appols. The derby was fun as usual! We love derby season around here!
Love little kids in shades :)




Eagle nest!
Watching the seals and sea lions

Waiting for the polar bear to show up

There he is!


I thought it was cute that these four monkeys had their tails all curled around each other
Fattest snake I have EVER seen
This cute little cavy came right up to Lia and Eleanor. (What is a cavy? A large rodent apparently. I had to read the card above the exhibit to find out!)
The kids loved playing in the new splash pad! I came prepared this time and brought a change of clothes for them.





Derby time at May Mania!
Truck rolled over right in front of us.
Eleanor and Carson watching the derby
Eleanor, Edgar, and Lia
Cutie!
This is what Eleanor did when I told her to smile. Silly head!

1 comment:

Six of Us said...

It was fun to see you guys too. Definitely let us know whenever you'll be in town.
I'm ridiculously afraid of snakes, but that fat one is cracking me up.