Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Rainy Days

Today the girls and I went over to Frampton's to play with Lexi and Jade. Yesterday it was stormy and rained a lot, and I knew the storms were supposed to continue, but it wasn't raining when we left so we just walked. It was overcast but not cold. We played inside for a little while and had some snacks. While the kids played, Melissa and I talked about trying to decide between staying at home with the kids or finding a job to bring in a little much-needed income. It's not an easy decision to make. Lately I have been leaning toward finding a job because things are very tight and stressful around here. Melissa's family is in almost the same situation as we are, so it was nice to talk to her about it.

While they were eating their snack, my girls started asking to go outside to play. As soon as we sent them out it started raining. My girls wanted to play with Frampton's cool water table, and they didn't let the rain stop them! Pretty soon all four girls were soaking wet, playing outside in the rain and having a ball. It was so cute.





The rain started coming down harder, so since my girls were already soaked I decided we should just walk home instead of waiting for it to pass and trying to dry the girls off.

I held my girls' hands and we ran home through the pouring rain. We jumped in puddles and walked through the stream flooding the gutters. Lia and Eleanor pretended to be scared every time the lightning flashed or the thunder boomed. They laughed when I rolled up my pants and joined them in the gutter.

When we got home, I stripped them down and wrapped them up in their new quilts that I had just finished the night before. I put our clothes in the dryer, and while we were waiting for the clothes to dry the girls ate popcorn and watched a movie while the storm continued outside.



It really was a fantastic afternoon. It was one of those times that really makes you realize how worthwhile it is to be a stay-at-home mom. If I was working I would have never had the opportunity to enjoy a summer rainstorm with my little girls. It's cliche, but really the little moments like those make the hard moments worth it.

I still don't know what decision I will make about going back to work. It will not be easy, that's for sure. I am sure grateful that I have been able to stay at home for as long as I have, and I am going to try to enjoy more moments like these while I can!


No comments: