And I'm glad we did. It was amazing, getting to hold and cuddle and talk to him. I cried a little, because I remembered how sad I was that I didn't get a chance to hold his big brother, and because I was so happy that he was here and healthy and wonderful. I needed it.
Not long ago I came across an interesting term for a child who is born following a miscarriage or infant loss: Rainbow Baby. I came across this quote and I'm sorry but I can't find the exact original source, but it's a pretty awesome idea.
In case you can't read the print in the picture: "A Rainbow Baby is the understanding that the beauty of a rainbow does not negate the ravage of the storm. When a rainbow appears, it doesn't mean the storm never happened or that the family is not still dealing with its aftermath. What it means is that something beautiful and full of light has appeared in the midst of the darkness and clouds."
I'm so glad our little Rainbow Baby is here. Welcome, Quintin! You are loved so much!




No comments:
Post a Comment