Thursday, January 29, 2015

Stickin' With It

I thought I'd do a little update on my last post. I'm proud to say I have been sticking with my goals. I have gotten up early to read scriptures every day except Saturday and Sunday since I last posted. It is NOT easy because I love sleep and waking up early sucks. But it's really satisfying to know that I set the goal and I have actually been doing it. I have also been successful at only getting online after work. I admit I have gotten on Facebook before work a couple times (again, not perfect!) but only for a few minutes and then I make myself get off. Improvement! The other goal, not yelling at my kids, is slowly coming along. Tonight at bedtime I blew up at Eleanor over something stupid. But the yelling happens less and less, so I am trying to go easy on myself and not get all self-criticizing over slip-ups. Overall, I'm happy with how things are going.

I haven't been taking many pictures of the girls lately, but here are some fun ones I wanted to share. Eleanor's  new favorite item of clothing is this pair of overalls. So adorable! I love the messy ponytail and the Tom Sawyer vibe. Lia is obsessed with being "pretty" lately. Notice the posing she is doing in the pictures. She loves posing for pictures! They were being super silly and cute. They have been playing really nicely together lately--that is, when they're not intentionally annoying one another! That's sisters, right? I love them.

Eleanor's favorites lately: playing with her baby dolls and Legos, singing and listening to music. If there is not a song on the radio as soon as we get in the car, we're gonna have a problem!

Lia's favorites lately: Painting her nails and wearing lip gloss, and learning to read! That's right, Lia can read! Remember those red "Sam" books you got in kindergarten? Dustin ordered the first set of them to challenger her smart little brain a bit, and Lia is loving it. She is on the 5th book already. It just warms my little book-loving heart to see my daughter start to read. Way to go, Lia!











1 comment:

Bass Family said...

I love those girls! It is so funny how Lia wants to be all pretty and precise and Enna is more rough and tumble.