Friday, May 29, 2015

Catch Up

Ugh, catch-up posts. Yes, we are still here, still doing stuff.... living life.... etc etc.

On May 8, Dustin and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary. Yep, it's been six years since this happened!

I love him lots. He works so hard for us here. He's been taking more night shifts to bring in some extra income. His job is super stressful but he's doing so well. In fact, he got an award earlier this month for excellent casework on a case that involved the FBI! He was personally commended by the FBI agents he worked with. Pretty neat stuff! Our family life has been a little crazy since I started working. Dirty house, eating out, not much family time. I'm glad to have Dustin by my side through it all.

We didn't do anything exciting for our anniversary. We both had to work and Dustin wasn't feeling great, so we just went to bed early-ish and watched Adventure Time together and snuggled. The next day was Saturday and we wanted to get some yard work done, but it was raining so instead we went out and ran some errands. Both of the girls fell asleep in the car on the way home and we didn't want to wake them up, so Dustin and I got some $5 lunches at DQ and ate in the car in the rain while the girls slept. To me, it was just as good as a fancy restaurant or movie or night in a cozy hotel. (Well....almost ;) 

The rest of May was rainy and sick. Dustin came down with Strep Throat hard and we had to take him to the instacare. He was super sick for a couple days. Luckily he got feeling better soon, because he has been helping his uncle put together a Demolition Derby in Moroni. He and his friend Tyler made some cool trophies for the event, but while machining the metal last week he stabbed himself in the hand and....yep, another instacare trip. Four stitches closed it up. A few days later, we were leaving to spend Memorial Day Weekend with our family down south.

Ouch!
Sweet hand-made trophies.
Friday night we spent with Penmans in Annabella, loving on baby Quintin and catching up. Saturday we headed to Moroni for Dustin's uncle's Demo Derby. Dustin has been working hard helping his uncle organize the whole thing, and it was nerve-wracking trying to get everything put together in time for the event. I ended up helping in the admissions booth and concessions stand for most of the night. Me, Teaira, Austin, and Grandpa Daugherty were super busy. Dustin and Josh were inspecting and registering cars and officiating the derby. Appols ended up being the only one able to actually sit and watch the derby, and she had all 4 kids with her! Somehow the kids were awesome during the event and she didn't have any problems with them. Unheard of with a 4 year old, two 3 year olds, and an infant! Despite the pouring rain and the lack of organization in some things, it went well and people had fun. 
Passed out on the road.
My girls loved helping out with Baby Q at the derby.

We spent Sunday and Monday (Memorial Day) in Circleville. It's been a while since we visited Circleville. We did games and a fire pit and movies with Dustin's family. It was a really fun weekend. LOTS of driving, but our girls were troopers and did great on the road.  

Crazy cousins. Where's Quintin?
How cute are they? I love them. 
Carson and Quintin
With it being Memorial Day, I have to take a minute for these two handsome guys. I love the picture of my grandpa in his military duds. So handsome! On Saturday we were in Annabella, where Bridger is buried, and I wish I would have taken a minute to go visit his grave. On Monday we took some adorable pictures with all the Penman grandkids...except of course, it will never be ALL the Penman grandkids. Which hurts, and will probably always hurt. I do love and miss these guys. 



Finally, some pictures from my cell phone that I haven't posted yet, but they're cute so here you go.

The snow pictures are from the day after Eleanor's birthday. The girls made lots and lots of snow angels and had tons of fun in general.





Remember back in March when we had beautiful warm spring weather? Well, way back then we decided to sell our super fun cool SUV and then use our tax return to buy a mini van. It was a good decision because now we are not making car payments every month, and we are really loving the van. Anyway, this picture is from when we were cleaning out the SUV. The girls helped us vacuum for a while, then decided to just chill in their car seats in the sun, coloring and generally being awesome.



Sometimes (always) the girls wake up before we do. One time they dragged all their pillows and blankets and books and toys into our room and just hung out until we got out of bed. I like them.



Speaking of beds, the girls got bunkbeds! These are the same beds my sisters and I used when we were growing up (thanks Mom and Dad!). So far, they love them. Lia sleeps up top, and Eleanor wishes she did. 


A few weeks ago we took a drive up Little Cottonwood Canyon and found these fun rocks to climb on. My phone takes terrible pictures. But it was fun climbing around and watching the river. We will be going back sometime soon hopefully!







No comments: