Wednesday, June 26, 2013

We Are Here

We are all settled into our new apartment in Salt Lake. We are still adjusting to some things, but we're falling into a routine. The girls had a rough time the first couple days here, which is understandable, but now they are happy and excited to be here.
Leaving Logan

All our stuff packed into boxes before we packed up the moving truck.
Every day we go on a walk. Sometimes just to the playground next to our building, sometimes through the "secret sidewalk" to our church, and sometimes around the neighborhood in the stroller. Our church is located right behind our apartment complex, but there didn't appear to be any way to get there other than driving around the entire block. Then one day on a walk we discovered a sidewalk going through the property at the back of our place, right to the church! Lia calls it the "secret sidewalk" and loves going on walks to the church. There is a big lawn there and we let Luna off the leash and we all run around. 
Playing in a tree on the church property.

Don't worry, I was holding her feet!



Our neighbors are friendly, but there is a problem with smoking around here. We knew smoking was allowed when we moved here, but we didn't know that the people here are pretty disrespectful when it comes to their smoking. There are cigarette butts all over the place, and people smoke where they shouldn't. There is also a lot of garbage around and some middle-school graffiti in places. I'm not sure if it is the residents or the management that is most to blame for the poor condition of the complex, but it's something that bothers me. It's not too bad really, it's just that the last place we lived was kept very clean and neat. You get used to it I guess! But like I said, the people here are friendly and we haven't had any problems with neighbors or anything, so in all it's been pretty good. 
Lia watching a movie in the toy room
Girls bedroom--nice and neat! 
I do like our apartment. We have three rooms now, so we kept the two girls together in one room and threw all their toys (and other spare stuff lying around) in the other. They love their "toy room" and I love that their room stays nice and clean without all their toys and books in it! We are on the third floor, which can be challenging. I'm pretty sure it looks like a 3-ring circus when I go down the stairs carrying Eleanor in one arm, with Lia holding my other hand, and holding Luna's leash too! It is hard to get Luna downstairs to potty as often as she needs to go, so that is frustrating and there are lots of accidents. It's been good here, though. We are closer to a lot of family, which is great. I'm looking forward to more visits with friends in the near future, too! 
Living Room
Kitchen--I love all the counter space! It may not look like a lot, but  it's double what I've had before.
One perk of living on the top floor--great view! 

1 comment:

Natalie Nicole said...

Sounds like a few challenges- especially all the stairs, that'd be rough, but it also sounds like things are coming together there for you! Good luck with it all!