First: I'm starting a book club! I have always wanted to be in a book club. Books, friends, and treats--what could be better? I'm still getting the details worked out, but a lot of ladies in my neighborhood have shown interest, so I'm super excited!
Second: I am making quilts! Making a quilt is something I never ever EVER thought I'd do. My sewing skills are mediocre at best, so I was sure a quilt was just out of my league. But. My girls need bigger quilts for their beds. They have a dozen baby blankets, but nothing bigger. I didn't want to go out and buy them new quilts, and I also didn't want to get rid of any of their baby blankets for sentimental reasons. So, I decided to make the baby blankets into new bigger quilts! GENIUS. They will be rag quilts, super simple (hopefully). I didn't have quite enough flannel from the 5 flannel blankets I used, so I let Lia and Eleanor each pick out a yard of new flannel to add to their quilt. That way they are involved and their quilts will be slightly different. I thought Lia would be sad that I was cutting up her blankets, but she is actually really excited for her "new big blanket." She asks me every day if it is done yet. And don't worry--if another baby girl joins our family, she will still have plenty of blankets to use. We still have 5 afghans, two fleece blankies, three soft baby quilts, and a swaddle blanket, plus three old baby blankets from when I was a babe! (If we ever have a boy, well he will just have to get used to being wrapped in pink!)
Here are the blanket pieces laid out. I will definitely post pictures when they are finished!
![]() |
| Lia's blanket. She picked out purple flower-printed flannel and I think it looks so cute with the rest of the pieces! |


No comments:
Post a Comment