Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Talker

Eleanor is now 21 months old, and she is talking more and more each day! I can't believe how much she says. She had a pretty large vocabulary at 18 months, but her pronunciation was terrible haha. She would usually just repeat the first syllable of the word she was trying to say and leave it at that. Then around Christmas something just clicked and she started saying full words and sentences that are usually understandable, and not just to me! Of course she is still a baby, so I would say I can only understand about 70% of what she says, but that is still a lot for not quite two! I wanted to write down some of the things she says because she is so feisty and hilarious and attitude-y. (Yes,  it is a word!)

She stands on the couch or a chair and reaches out to me and yells, "Mama! Save me! Help me! I fall!"

She was ornery in the car one day and Dustin asked what was wrong, and she shouted "I need NAP!"

When you ask her where something is she says stuff like, "Um, I dunno." or "Oh! Inna chi-chen! (kitchen)!" or "Oh, it lost." with a sad face.

Sometimes she mopes over to the stairs, plunks herself down, and says, "I sad." and pouts for a while.

Whenever you do something she doesn't like, she gets all outraged and shouts, "You hit ma-me!" I don't know why she adds an extra syllable to "me," but it is funny. She said this to Dustin the other day after he wiped her face off. She also shouts "Leddo ma-me!" (Let go of me!) and "No ta-touch ma-me!"

She thinks she is potty-trained like Lia and will pull down her pants, sit on the little potty, grunt a little, and then shout "I poop! I peeeee!"

Some other things she says:
"I like...."
"I choose...."
"Yeah, I do!"
"I need....."
"I want treat!"
"I see you!"
"Mama! A baby! Baby so toot (cute)!" She always scrunches up her face when she says "cute."
"Otay!"
"Siddown!" She has to be told to "sit down" so often that now she just tells herself.
"Mommy? Whe-ya-you?" (where are you)
"Bye-bye! I luh you!"
"Pweese help!" She also says Thanks and You're Welcome but they're not as understandable.


Love this girl. She makes me laugh all day!



No comments: