Lia Jo participated in her first primary program last Sunday and she did great! I am so proud of her.
The Saturday before the program the primary practiced at the Church, and Lia was so unsure of herself and nervous. She stood up on the stage with the other primary kids and didn't sing the songs and ducked her head and pulled her hair over her face. When it was her turn to say her part, she wouldn't say it and almost started crying. When practice was over I told her if she would practice her part at the pulpit one time, I would get her a prize. After a little coaxing, she agreed and said her part in the microphone.
We practiced her part the rest of that day and by bedtime she had it memorized and was repeating it confidently. I still wasn't sure how she would respond when the chapel was full of people though.
At church on Sunday she seemed nervous again when the kids started walking up to sit on the stand, but she followed along. Before long she seemed to be really enjoying herself. She sang the songs and waved to us and made funny faces. When it was her turn, she walked up to the pulpit and after a little coaxing from her teacher, she said her whole part from memory clearly and perfectly! I was so proud. I actually teared up a little. It seems like such a little thing, but watching your kids struggle with something you know is hard for them and succeed is awesome. It's part of what makes being a parent so awesome.
I love you Lia Jo, and I'm proud of you!
| This was her part in the program: "Jesus was crucified for me a sinner; he suffered, bled, and died just for me." |
No comments:
Post a Comment