Thursday, December 25, 2014

Birthday Girl

Yesterday Lia turned 4!


I was going to write this post on her birthday but it was a busy busy day.

Lia has been looking forward to her birthday for MONTHS. Since this summer she has been asking if it is almost her birthday. She talked about it nonstop. I was a little worried about not living up to her expectations, but she had a blast.

We started off that morning with personalized pancakes. Then we sang Happy Birthday and she opened her presents. We were going to let her pick a restaurant to eat at for lunch, but she couldn't tell us where she wanted to go or even what she wanted to eat, so we picked for her. We went to Pizza Pie Cafe for lunch (and happened to run into two other families from our ward there!) Lia had fun and both girls ate lots and acted totally silly the whole time. It was fun.






She's great at posing for pictures

Love this face
Yes, she is kissing her pizza.

The girls napped after lunch, and then we headed up to my parents' house for a birthday party and Christmas Eve. About a week ago, Lia helped me pick out a birthday cake and decorations and she has been talking constantly about decorating her cake. On the ride to my mom's house, we asked her what had been her favorite part of her birthday and she said, "Well I haven't made my birthday cake yet, and that's going to be my favorite." Finally after dinner she got to decorate her cake, and I think it turned out pretty great! She and my mom (whose birthday is also the 24th) opened more presents. 

Making cake!
Not bad!



Elsa!
Before bed she asked me, as she had been asking all day, "Is it still my birthday?" I told her it would be her birthday until she woke up. She smiled huge and hugged me tight. She's already excited about her next birthday!

I love her so much. She gets smarter and sassier every day. She loves everything girly. Jewelry and nail polish and makeup and dresses and tights and skirts and pink and purple and hearts and diamonds and princesses. I swear we didn't teach her this stuff, she's just a little princess. She is quick to point out when things are beautiful. She is dramatic, which is sometimes awesome and sometimes eye-roll worthy. She can't decide if she wants to be a big girl or a baby. Some days she wants me to do everything for her, and some days she wants to do everything by herself. She is timid around strangers but she's learning how to play nicely with her friends. Lately the word I use most to describe her is "relentless." This girl amazes and frustrates us every day, and we love her so much for it. Happy Birthday Lia Jo!

**Today was also my Grandpa Green's birthday. I didn't think about it too much because it makes me kind of sad. But I was thinking of him and how awesome it is that Lia shares his birthday. Love you Grandpa!

No comments: