We're getting ready for Christmas! We put our tree up on Thanksgiving and we've had our house lights up all year....because we thought it'd be easier than taking them down and putting them back up. (That's a lie, we were just too lazy to take them down. Haha.) We weren't sure what to do about stockings this year. We have four of them, but they are all mis-matched and different sizes and one (the one I got in the hospital when I was born) is falling apart. I thought about making us some, but I wasn't sure I wanted to commit to that. Well, we were shopping at the Dollar Store one day and lo and behold, cute stockings for a dollar each! I know they aren't super great quality and maybe won't last forever, but I like them. Dustin and I took time to do some nice lettering on them for our names, and I think they look awesome! I love the Dollar Store.
I tried to do a fun Christmas photo shoot with the girls. The pictures aren't amazing, but the girls were being silly and having fun so it was still good. We may or may not send out cards this year. It's on the to-do list, but who knows if it will get done. I finally filled out our December calendar today, and I'm a little overwhelmed with all the STUFF going on this month. Church parties, family birthdays, work..... plus we're trying to find ways to teach our girls about the Spirit of Christmas and Jesus and giving instead of receiving, plus making new family traditions.....so it's a lot going on. So, if I neglect you or your party or if you don't get a card or something, don't take it personally. We're just trying to do what works for us and have a happy and non-stressful holiday season!
Also, what is with this weather lately? We went to tithing settlement today and didn't even wear jackets. It's been sunny and warm. Not exactly December weather! Exactly a year ago today, it was blizzardy and there was snow all over. I know that because it has been one year today since my baby nephew passed away. As soon as he heard the news, Dustin left for the hospital to be with his brother, and he got lost in the snow for a little bit. Luckily he found his way back without too much trouble. I remember putting the girls to bed that night and then going outside in the snowstorm and just shoveling the driveway for hours, until I was frozen and exhausted. I couldn't just sit inside by myself. It's hard to believe a year has passed, especially since it doesn't feel like winter has really come yet. I'm excited for the first real snowfall! I'm ready. Bring on winter!








No comments:
Post a Comment