Yep, my baby is 9 months old! Crazy how fast it goes. Lately she is just the most hilarious kid you will ever meet. She makes me laugh every day!
I think I forgot to mention this in the 8 month post, but Eleanor is finally starting to cut her teeth. At 8 months her first little tooth on the bottom had just broken through. On Christmas morning, she woke up with a fever at 4 am and had it on and off for three days. She was pretty miserable and didn't sleep well (worse than usual). I was sure her other bottom tooth would pop through, but it still took another week for it to finally come through. I don't know if she just has super tough gums or what, but that second tooth was a little white bump on her gums for weeks before finally pushing through. I hope her other teeth come through easier.
 |
| Poor girl feeling sick on Christmas Morning. |
 |
| Standing all by herself like a big girl. |
Last week, Eleanor officially took her first steps. Before 9 months old! She loves standing but isn't sold on the whole "walking" idea. She takes a couple steps and then sits down to crawl instead. It's faster, don't ya know?
 |
| Scrunchy face |
One of my favorite things about Eleanor is her expressions. Whenever we do something she doesn't like, she gives us this completely outraged look. "What the heck Mom? Why would you do that?" It always makes us laugh. She usually accompanies these looks of anger with a double-handed slap to the face (or whichever body part is closest). The slaps aren't so fun, because she has some power in those little arms, and also because she has the scratchiest fingernails I've ever encountered on a baby. Ouch! She also makes these funny little giggle sounds that I've never heard another baby make. We keep trying to get it on camera because it is so funny, but so far we haven't been very successful. If we ever get it, I'll try to post it on here.
 |
| She is champ with that pouty lip. |
One thing she does that I think is so funny is the high-five rejection. She used to give me high fives whenever I put my hand up, but now whenever I put my hand up and say, "high five!" she gives me this unimpressed look, grabs my hand, and moves it out of her way. Please, Mom, high fives are sooooo three months ago.
 |
| Angry face |
Some other things about Eleanor. She is a little human vacuum cleaner. She is always drawn to the table and feasts off the crumbs under the high chair (yuck). She follows me into the kitchen when I'm cooking and feasts off the crumbs from the kitchen floor (shudder). She crawls over the rug by the front door and feasts on the little fuzzy pieces that fall off it during the day (gag!). I can't vacuum enough to keep my floors completely clean all day, so I just have to watch her and hope she doesn't ingest anything that will hurt her.
 |
| This is why my girls love their Aunt Ranny. |
Eleanor is super dramatic. When she's upset, she throws her arms up in the air, throws her head all the way back, and yells as loud as she can. If you put a toy in front of her that she doesn't want, she grabs it and throws it. She has an awesome angry face.
 |
| Sweety |
Our little baby is usually happy though. She has a big happy grin that makes me laugh. She loves being with me and playing with Lia. She is so fun. We love Eleanor.
1 comment:
She is soooo cute!! I love that she is just barely getting teeth but has already started to walk.
Post a Comment