We have a place to live! After driving to almost every city in the Salt Lake Valley, we finally found a 3-bedroom apartment in Holladay for less than $1000/month. It still makes me sick to think that we will be paying that much for an apartment. I know people whose house payments are much less than that. Still, I guess that's the price to pay for city living.We move in a couple weeks. The weird thing is, we haven't actually seen the apartment yet. The previous tenants were still in the process of moving out when we went. However, we know what the layout is like because it's almost exactly the same layout as my sisters apartment, with a few improvements. We also toured a smaller apartment on the same property to get a feel for the place and liked it. The building we will be in is the newest building on the property, so really there was no reason not to put down the deposit, especially since 3-bedroom apartments on that property go fast. The manager said she'd take a lot of pictures of the apartment and send them to me when the current tenants were moved out, which was supposed to be yesterday, so hopefully I'll be getting an email from her today.
Now that we have a place to live, I just want to go. I don't want to wait around for another two weeks, I just want to get started on the next part of our lives. Dustin will be starting his job on June 3rd, less than a week away. He is nervous but also excited. I am happy that our family will finally be starting a new chapter. It's likely that we are not quite done with school yet, since Dustin still wants to get his Master's, but our undergrad years are behind us and my man is starting his professional career. Woohoo!
On a totally unrelated subject, we have a new addition in our family. After literally years of Dustin begging me for a dog, I finally caved and got him this little cutie for his graduation present. He found her on KSL and I couldn't resist her adorable face. Her mom is a dachshund mix and her father is a pekingese/maltese mix. We named her Luna, she is now 10 weeks old and is the biggest headache of my life.
 |
| This was her picture on KSL, 6 weeks old. Isn't that the cutest face you've ever seen? |
 |
| Some of her brothers and sisters. Clearly we got the cutest one. |
 |
| Everywhere we go, people fawn over her. It is crazy. |
I have never had a puppy before and waaaaayyy underestimated the amount of work she would be. Having a puppy is harder than having a newborn. Puppies need 24 hour supervision and attention. You can't just put a diaper on them and lay them in a crib when you need a break. Luna is actually a very good dog. She is learning fast and loves to snuggle and play. She doesn't really get into much trouble besides the usual puppy things; chewing on everything in sight and having accidents on the carpet. We are learning how to deal with her, but she is still a huge stress in my life right now. I don't exactly regret getting her, because I feel like she will be a great addition to our family once the first year or so is over, but MAN it is going to be a long year!!!
 |
| Eleanor sometimes likes her, and sometimes just kicks her away. |
 |
| When we first got her, she would just sit on Lia's lap forever. Now she thinks she is too big for that and just wants to play. |
Some other things that have been happening lately. We have spent a lot of time at my mom and dad's house. They babysat my girls for two days while we searched for apartments. Then, just a couple days later, we went back down to spend the Memorial Day weekend with them. We actually ended up staying for almost a week. It was a lot of fun. Dustin was in Circleville that week, working on his derby truck with his brother and friend. I had the girls and Luna, and even with my family helping out it was a lot of work without Dustin there to help. I was really glad I got to spend some time with my family. My oldest brother Dennis will be getting his mission call any day now, crazy!
 |
| Lia playing around on Grandma's bed. |
 |
| Tim and Allie came up for a funeral and we overlapped at mom and dad's for a little bit, and it was great to see them. Zachie and Lia went for a wagon ride with Grandma. |
 |
| Dustin, his brother Josh, and his Grandpa all working on the derby truck in Circleville. Richfield Derby in August! Get pumped up! |
No comments:
Post a Comment