Saturday, November 30, 2013

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

How was your Thanksgiving? Ours was fun. We feasted with the Penman family, and then went to Goodspeeds for games. Dustin and I put the girls to bed at Goodspeeds, and then decided to see if there were any Black Friday deals at around 10:30. We got some movies, jammies for the girls, and a toaster. I was happy about the toaster, since I haven't had one for months. Mmmm, toasty bagels with cream cheese, here I come.

You know what I was thankful for this Thanksgiving? Loved ones are always first on the list, but this year a close second was our house! I am so thankful for our home. We have been decorating for Christmas and it is exciting.

Friday we put up the Christmas tree and let the girls help hang ornaments. They loved it, but now I am wondering if it was a good idea to let Eleanor help. She is obsessed with that tree now. She thinks that since she helped put the ornaments on, she can take them off whenever she wants. She has already broken one. Luckily I put all of the special ornaments at the top of the tree. I hope the tree lasts till Christmas!

Today while the girls napped, Dustin and I spent a couple hours on the roof putting Christmas lights on our house. It was fun. First time putting up lights! Also, our house sits at the top of a "T" in the road, so you can see the Christmas tree in our front window as soon as you turn onto the road from all the way down at the corner. It is sweet. Our neighbors went all-out decorating for Halloween and Thanksgiving, and I was excited to see what they had in store for Christmas. I was not disappointed! Their house looks great. Ours looks a little shabby compared to theirs, but hey, it's our first time! I love our lights and tree twinkling in the window. Tomorrow is December! My favorite month of the year!



No comments: