Saturday, February 1, 2014

Short

Two months ago I was positive I would never cut my hair short. I had decided that long-hair was just better for me. I'd had chin-length bobs in the past and always hated them by the second or third week. So it was decided--no more short hair ever.

But.....then my hair got really really long....and I decided if I was going to cut it, I may as well donate it. I knew to donate it I would need to chop at least 10 inches off. I didn't want to do the same old shoulder-length like I always do. But the only other option was to go short. So, I started thinking about going short.
Woah.....long.
But.....when I went to get it cut, I just couldn't do it. So it ended up shoulder length again. And, while my friend did a good job of cutting it, I just didn't love it. It was an awkward length and hard to style. I curled it once, which looked pretty good, but it took a long time even though it was short. I just wasn't feeling it.

Good-bye hair!

Cute, but.....takes too long.
I kept looking up pixie cuts. Two weeks after getting it cut, I went back to my friend and.....

this happened.



It is sooooo weird. My hair has NEVER been this short. I can't get over how strange it feels. But, I think it looks good. I like it! I hope I still like it in three weeks because my track record with short cuts isn't great. I am actually really excited about having something new. I have been sort of in a rut lately, and I think this was a good way to change things up a little. So this is me, with short hair! 

3 comments:

Six of Us said...

Hey, hey! Super cute! I'm thinking of going short this summer, too.

janica said...

suuuuper cute!! i wish i was that brave sometimes, but i think seth would kill me if i ever went that short:)

Unknown said...

Maryann, I LOVE it!! Pixie cuts are so much fun, I love mine and they are so quick and easy to style! You can totally pull it off. :) yay for pixie cuts!!