Dustin considered taking a second part-time job to help make ends meet, but I shot that down immediately since he is already over-worked. We decided it would be ideal if I could get a job I could do from home. If I worked outside the home I'd have to pay for daycare, which would probably take my entire check and would thus be entirely pointless. A babysitting or tutoring job I could do from home would be perfect, but I didn't know a lot of people in the area and didn't know how to go about finding someone to babysit.
It seemed I had only one option left. I started praying for a miracle.
I started feeling like I should ask the Relief Society president (Lindsay) if she knew of anyone that needed a babysitter. I put off asking for several days because I was a little embarrassed to be asking for help, but finally I sent her a message. Immediately she said she knew of a family that was looking for a sitter. I called that family and found out that they already found someone, so that was a bummer, but in the mean time we got our tax return which as a lot more than we expected, so we were good for a little while.
About a week later, Lindsay messaged me again to tell me that she had given my name and number to another family in the ward that was looking for a sitter. The mom called me a few days later and offered me a job! At first we weren't sure it was going to work out, because I would need to take one of her kids to school and there wasn't enough room in our little car. Dustin and I were worried this would mean I couldn't get the babysitting job, but then we decided that with the money I'd be getting we could easily cover a car payment. Getting a bigger vehicle has been on our list since Eleanor was born, but we hadn't been able to get one. So last Saturday we found a vehicle we liked on KSL and got pre-approved for a loan. Monday we went to the bank and signed the papers and drove home with our new vehicle, and Tuesday I started babysitting!
It's been a crazy week, but I have felt such gratitude to my Heavenly Father for always looking out for us. I was so stressed and worried but when I prayed about it, I always got the answer of "Don't worry. It will work out." I didn't know how, but I knew things would work out.
And they did! What an amazing blessing.
![]() |
| I couldn't talk Dustin into a minivan! He fell in love with this 2003 Toyota Sequoia. Hopefully it'll be good for our family for years to come. |

2 comments:
I love positive blog posts such as this! I am glad every thing worked out! Men and minivans! As you know we had a hog for a while. I liked it but it was a pain lifting the kids in and out and it was quite difficult using the back seats with young kids. Also when eva would open the door was always worried she would hit the other car. I eventually talk ryan into a minivan and i have been in heaven. Anyway, nice vehicle and I hope it works for you!
You made me cry! What a blessing! I'm so excited for you. It is amazing how we "just get by". You described our situation to a T, I empathize. My adventure in the workforce was however not the answer for us. So we will continue to trust in God and be grateful for all we have!
Post a Comment