We had bunches of that green paint left over, so we decided to use it on the wall of our kitchen. We were planning on buying a wall-mounted microwave to cover that lovely hole in the wall, but more important things kept coming up. I told Dustin I didn't want to have a nice painted wall with a nasty hole in it, so if we were going to paint we needed to buy a microwave too. So we did! Installed it ourselves. (Which was a headache and a half but we managed it!) Here's some before and afters:
 |
| Before we moved in |
 |
| New and improved kitchen! |
 |
I was worried that the green in the kitchen AND living room would be overkill, but I actually really like how the color goes along the entire wall in two separate rooms. I think it sort of ties everything together.
A nice side-effect of doing work in the kitchen is that it got super messy while we were painting and installing in there, but then we worked hard making it look nice, so I was very motivated to get the kitchen cleaned once we were done. It hasn't looked that good in.....well, the entire time we've lived here! My goal is to keep it looking nice. We'll see how it goes!
|
No comments:
Post a Comment