I'm trying not to think about the fact that in one month, my baby will be one year old. I was looking through pictures of her as a newborn a few days ago, and remembered how she used to curl up in a tiny ball on my chest and sleep all day. Now she's a big girl who doesn't let me snuggle her nearly as much!
Eleanor is so much fun. She makes our family laugh and makes us happy. It has been so nice the last couple months, because while Lia is challenging us more and more, Eleanor is so easygoing and chill. She is pretty much content to just follow me around, as long as she has something in her hands to chew on or play with.
 |
| Love this smile! |
Enna is a wonderful eater--in fact, I can't feed her enough food to satisfy her throughout the day! She seems to never get full. She loves things she can feed herself, like crackers and string cheese and cereal. She still only has two bottom teeth, and one on the top that just poked through last week. She isn't really very great at chewing, because she gets so excited about eating that she tries to swallow huge chunks of food. Eating is her favorite thing!
 |
| Loves swinging |
I am cautiously hopeful that Eleanor is on her way to consistently sleeping 12 hours a night. She did not wake up at all last night, all night long! First time she's gone 12 hours without waking up at all. I don't know if it will last, but when I woke up last night and realized I hadn't gotten up to feed Eleanor at all, it felt so amazing! She's been waking up just once a night for a couple months, which is a HUGE improvement over 4-5 times a night before that, but I am still hoping for consistent 12 hour nights. It'll be so nice for our whole family.
 |
| Eleanor's favorites: White blanky and binky attatched to a frog toy, aka "Frinky" |
One thing I love about Eleanor is her feisty attitude. If she is mad about something, you will know it! She growls like a little bear and tenses up her face and makes fists with her hands and yells at you. If you hand her something she doesn't want, she chucks it away while glaring at you. On the flip side though, as soon as she gets what she wants, she's perfectly happy and content again. She doesn't hold grudges.
 |
| She loves "talking" on my phone! |
I can't decide if Enna has said her first word yet or not. When you ask her a question, she says "Yeah!" clear as day. She doesn't use it consistently though, and says it sometimes even if she doesn't actually want what you're asking her about. She also says "Hi" sometimes, but I'm pretty sure those are just flukes. Even though she doesn't say any actual words yet, she still talks a ton! She babbles all day long. Her favorite sounds are "da da" and "di di" and "ya ya" and "ba ba." She can make a huge range of sounds though. Her speech therapist comes twice a month, and she is always so impressed with Eleanor. As part of the therapy, Eleanor plays with toys that have specific sounds associated with them. The Airplane goes "ahhhhh", the Dog says "woof", the Snake says "sssss," etc. The goal is for Eleanor to make the sounds when the toy is presented, but she's still pretty young to be doing it consistently. Last session, the therapist brought out a new toy, a boat. She told Eleanor, "The boat goes puh-puh-puh." And Eleanor immediately imitated the "puh puh puh" sound. We were all impressed! For less than a year, that is pretty good.
 |
| Scrunchy face! |
 |
| So happy to be eating :) |
Everyone loves Eleanor. Everyone who meets her adores her. She has a way of making people smile with her funny noises and expressions. She just has such a great personality. I love her!
1 comment:
She is super cute!
Post a Comment