A couple days ago I decided to do a little one-on-one time with my oldest. As soon as the baby went down for her morning nap, Lia and I went to the park together. It was a beautiful warm day. We climbed on the playground, went down a slide, swung on the swings, dug in the volleyball pit, and kicked a ball around in the grass. (I say "we" but I did not participate in the sand-digging. I took pictures instead.) After the park we did a little grocery shopping.
It was really fun. Lia was just an angel the whole time. Not a single whine or cry, even when it was time to go home. I love getting to spend time with just Lia when she's in a good mood. I should do it more often. It reminds me how special she truly is. She is in a very trying stage right now. She wants to be so independent, yet is also super clingy and jealous of any attention Eleanor gets. It's hard to be a two-year-old. Really Lia is wonderful. I don't give her enough credit. She puts up with a lot from Dustin and I as we try to figure out how to be good parents. I've always thought it takes a special kind of person to be the oldest (a.k.a. "experiment") child. I love Lia and I hope she forgives me for being only a so-so mom most days. I hope she can feel that I love her even when I mess up. I hope she thrives in spite of me!



1 comment:
She is so cute. I Love your blog.
Post a Comment