Thursday, June 6, 2013

Conversations with a Two-Year-Old


Lia, sitting on my lap, pulls up my sleeve and is examining my shoulder.

L: Mom, what happened? What's that Mom?

Me: Those are freckles, Lia.

L: What are those?

Me: Those are moles.

L: Beckles and moes?

Me: Yup.

L (making a face): I don't want to touch them.

***

Lia, at breakfast time.

L: Mom, I want a hobo of cereal!

Me: A hobo?

L: Yeah, a hobo of cereal Mom!

Me: Oh, you want a WHOLE BOWL of cereal!

L: Yeah Mom!

***

Lia, looking at a magnet on the fridge:

L: Look, Mom! It's a Utah State! Just like a Utah State Jazz!

***

I put a humidifier in the girls' room to help with their congestion.

Lia: What's that Mom?

Me: A humidifier.

L (very concerned): ........a fire?

Me: No no, not a fire! A HUMIDIFIER.

L: I don't want it in my room Mom! Turn it off! I don't want the fire!

***

I told Lia we were going to Kim's house to borrow a pitcher.

L: A picture?

Me: No, a PITCHER.

L: A picture of me?

Me: No, a pitcher to put our apple juice in. We make apple juice and put it in the pitcher.

L: Yeah, I know! A picture! A picture to put in the apple juice! Sometimes I don't put a picture in the apple juice, and sometimes I put a picture in the apple juice!

Two-year-olds can be so fun!


3 comments:

Meagan and Ryan said...

oh those are so cute! There little minds are amazing.

Meagan and Ryan said...

Okay lame! I totally used the wrong there! I meant their minds are amazing!

Maryann Goodspeed Penman said...

Haha it makes me so happy that you made a second comment to correct your spelling!