Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Buncha Stuff

So, lots been going on around here this month. Here's a little recap.

We had some nice family pictures taken, and I am in love with them. Can't wait to get some more frames and prints and get them on my wall! Here are just a few of them. They were taken at Fotofly in Draper, and our photographer did such an amazing job. 





Another thing that happened is, we got another puppy. I swore I would never have another puppy, but Dustin had some good arguments and we talked it over for a LONG time. She is a good dog. She doesn't cry at night and she's very mellow. She's not super overactive and hyper like Luna was as a puppy. Dustin really likes her. I like her too, but I tell ya I have a LOT on my plate these days with a new puppy, babysitting three days a week, my calling, my book club, and normal Mom stuff. 
Ms. Jackson, AKA Jax


Easter. We had a good Easter. The day before, my parents came to our house and helped us start our garden! I am really really excited about the garden. The week before my parents came, Dustin and I weeded the little plot in our back yard and tilled it all up by hand with our shovel. It felt really good to be working in our own yard with our own hands. The girls had a blast digging in the dirt and pulling up weeds. We mowed the lawn and fertilized the grass. On Saturday before Easter my dad helped us pick out plants and figure out our watering system. We planted tomatoes, cucumbers, beans, peas, onions, cilantro, and rosemary. I hope our little plants live! My mom and sister Miranda did a little Easter egg hunt for my girls while we were doing the yard work. They loved it of course! Then on Easter we went to Dustin's dad's house for dinner and they did another egg hunt for the girls, and also bought them beautiful Easter dresses. My girls are spoiled, there's no getting around it! They are lucky to have so many people who love them. We had a wonderful Easter.
Beautiful dresses
Eleanor standing by the garden. The day after this she pulled up a tomato plant, but maybe it will live. 
My girls and my garden!
Eleanor turned two! We had a little party for her. My sister Allison and her family came over for some cake and ice cream, and so did our friends the Pitts family. Eleanor had lots of fun opening presents and eating cake and ice cream. Happy Birthday Enna!
I wish I would have had more time to make the cake nicer, but I don't think she cared.
Opening presents





No comments: