BORING.
So we decided to do something about it!
We couldn't do much because home improvements are ex-pen-sive! But we could afford some paint, so paint we did! More color to come. Eventually I hope to have ALL the walls painted, so there's more contrast in the house, but for now a couple accent walls will have to do.
So, for the first time in our almost-5-years of marriage, Dustin and I (and the girls) painted our walls! I had fun. We had a hard time deciding on a color and which room to paint, but finally we decided to do a dark green wall in the front room. And then, because Lia got SO excited when we asked her if she wanted to paint her room, we decided to do a wall in the girls' room too. As soon as we asked her what color she wanted in her room, she immediately shouted "PURPLE!" I think it's cute that she already has a favorite color. Since Eleanor doesn't really have an opinion about paint color yet, we went with Lia's choice.
BEFORE:
DURING:
| I was in charge of the edges for this room. Don't look too closely at the ceiling. |
AFTER:
![]() |
| I love the green! Now we just need to get some furniture in there. Some day..... I can't wait to get some more colors on the walls in our bedroom and the downstairs living room. |
BEFORE:
DURING:
| The girls loved helping paint, especially Eleanor! |
| The girls' contribution |
AFTER:
![]() |
| If you look close, you can see that we didn't have quite enough paint for two coats. But from a distance it looks just fine! I love the purple, and so do the girls. |




2 comments:
YAY PAAAAAINT!!!! Oh my heck, I love it! Ohmygosh, the possibilities for cuteness in that front room are ENDLESS!!!!
I love the green color that you chose!
Post a Comment